Thread: Un named Village map

Default Un named Village map

I just wanna know what you guys think so far. There will be changes (alot hopefully) to the landscape like making the single mountain up there less lonely.
    This is for a forum RP that will revolve around the village become a city.
    So that is why there is so much room compared to the actual size of the village.

>_< Wrong forum.. If a Mod would please move this to City and town mapping I'd be obliged.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Moved. Looks pretty good to me but the green might need to be toned down with a little more blue...unless it's all mossy.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Ill note that when I get back to work on it.
    I worked on this all day today and yesterday *Didn't get any sleep*
    Which version looks better or should I just go with the kind of waves that surroud Islands?

(Now that im looking at them the darker one could use dimming or opacity set down or something.

I prefer the second one because the black lines on the water are far more subtle. The rest of it looks great.

This style was scrapped and replaced with: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...-Dorun-Village

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

But I liked this one. Dang. Looked good and had potential to be really cool.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I could finish it up if you want? Probably not for a little while but I could (im going on vacation soon) Ill most likely use this style in the future.
    But, I can't finish this until I either get my tablet or PS stops spazzing out.

I have to agree with big A, that last map was pretty darn cool looking. Not sure i dig that lines on the water(think they make the whole map too dark), but thats just a personal preference. Very good work, and I hope you will finish it...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.