Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Town of Nichirin

Default Town of Nichirin

Another one for my campaign, one of the bigger towns. Only thing I'm not sure about are the eternally glowing stone lanterns that give off a blue light.

Nice looking town Larb!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I really dig this except for the text covering up the stuff in the lower left. Give yourself just a little bit more grass and put that stuff underneath the town. But still pretty darn cool, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks. You're right about the text labels so I'm just going to add a few hundred pixels or so to the bottom.

Ravells: No, this was all done in photoshop. Sai is much more tablet enabled sketchy-drawy focused and you can't do stuff like layer styles and things with it, although curiously enough it seems to import most things like that fine from the .psd.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This came out quite nicely...agree with Ravs & Ascension on the text as well.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I downloaded Sai and was very impressed with it, (unfortunately I only had a couple of hours play with it before we left for holiday and I didn't bring my tablet with me. I'm looking forward to playing with it a bit more on my return. Serif Drawplus is my main tool at the moment (it has for me about the right compromise between raster and vector functionality) but Sai really did impress. I'm using photoshop less and less these days for mapping.

Here it is made bigger. Looks much better.

SAI is great and what is more any lines you make will be on a transparent layer when you import them into photoshop to colour or whatever, something Sketchbook Pro didn't do. I have really become very fond of SAI and I think it is great value for money (god, I hope I don't sound like an advertisement here). =P I've just tried a lot of applications for linework and it's the only one I find satisfying.

Anyway, I have a new town map in the works! Thankyou everyone for the feedback.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nichirintown.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	36959  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

For what it's worth, when we run the Finished Map script compiler it will pick up the first image in the thread (if I remember it correctly, was a long time ago). You might want to ask Redrobes to be sure or you may have to change that first image to this newest one. Unless you're fine with it since it's only minor changes.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast