Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible freelance gig with Paizo...

Default Possible freelance gig with Paizo...

Nothing definite yet, but I've been invited/recommended to possibly design the capital city for Paizo's upcoming Jade Regent adventure path - Paizo's oriental setting. If I get this, it will be more than designing a map though, I'd be expected to write the gazetteer for that city. It would be used in the final adventure of their AP. Nobody has ever accused me of being a writer, however!

This is not something I've been working toward, just an opportunity that fell in my lap, today.

While it kind of competes with Kaidan, it would be good experience in designing my own imperial capital, plus get my name as a developer/cartographer having worked for the big boys - giving me better credentials to promote my own Kaidan setting and other future products.

Wonders never cease (geekgasm!)

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 07-07-2011 at 05:26 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

congrats on that opportunity GP, sounds exiting
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat Stuff! Here's hoping it all works out for you...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

That is exciting for you. I hope everything works out the way you want it to.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Woohoo!! I'll be rooting for ya!

Regarding competing with yourself, why don't you ask them if you can have an ad for Kaidan in the back of the book as part of your compensation?
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Good luck with that. Sounds like a great opportunity for you.

Its looking more likely. Though at present the cartography requirement is only sketch level, but then I create finals from the start, so we'll see how that goes. And my direction and choices made in creating the gazetteer (with Paizo feedback, of course) will direct the play of the campaign for the final adventures of the Jade Regent AP...

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

First let me say congratulations,

Second, if they have not signed you to the gig you should not be talking about who your going to be working for publicly unless they you have been given permission, if Paizo hires you they will want to put you under a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

The most I would ever say publicly is that as a major publisher has become interested in you because of your knowledge of the specific genre of setting material they want you to work with.

Again congratulations.

That's just my two cents.
    Steve "Qwilion" Russell
    Rite Publishing

"A hundred thousand lemmings can't be wrong!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast