Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: -~@ July 2011 Challenge - All About The Big Boys @~-

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Default -~@ July 2011 Challenge - All About The Big Boys @~-

Ok, this one is simple, given that it has taken us some time to get it posted - take the image below and do what you will with it. Those of you with very keen eyes will notice that it looks very similar to the same image posted for the Lite Challenge. Well, it is the exact same...so there. We thought, let's see what the Big Boys can do with the same starting place. This is your chance to show the Young Pups how it's done so don't disappoint us. If you entered the Lite Challenge then you cannot enter this one as it gives you the chance to make two maps out of the same thing. If you would like to pull out of the Lite Challenge and enter this one then we'll have to discuss that
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	junjul.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	36938  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Curses! My eevil plot to lose 2 Challenges in a row and then clean up in the betting pools by utterly sweeping the third one is foiled!

And I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling site admins!
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Hah...not sure what to think about this. I feel like I'm being forced to take a break since I won't be able to join this one. I might be forced to get cracking on that simmering idea that's on the back burner of my mind.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Pshhh.. You oldies

haha i love it, so can we add to it? like more blackness or connecting them etc etc? or does it have to retain its shape?
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You can add shapes, no big deal. Just as long as these shapes are there in the form presented (no cutting the shapes up and moving them around).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Was my rotating the shapes in the Lite challenge okay? I wanted my valley to run north-south.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Maybe, just maybe I can take a crack at this. I feel a ever-so-very slight ripple in the creative juices...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

@bartmoss - You are fine. The main thing is that the overall shape they provided us with has to be visible. As long as they are still in their relative positions you are good.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

This actually reminded me of an idea that I had dancing in the back of my mind for a while. Need to actually finish a map for this comp, some of us young whippersnappers need to step forward to reclaim the playing field from you big kids...

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast