Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brush stuck on pressure sensitity (Photoshop Cs5)

Sadly, I don't have a tablet.
    Back on track. Thanks Ascension it worked! I can finally get back to work later this evening!
    And I'll try what you Jfraz to see what comes out!
    Im using a Hard Mechanical 16 pixel brush.
    Edit: Sadly.. It only worked for about 2 minutes.
    The settings are as follows:

Edit edit: Everything is the same besides the size difference.
    Ps: The fade worked on my eraser for some reason though.
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 07-08-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Well what I notice is that you don't have Fade set for this brush, it's on Pen Pressure and since you're using a mouse you will get a solid line with no width variation.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Fade set? What do you mean? Like making a brush that has Fade as a original option? Because (I think) I have tried that and nothing has come with it.

No, your current screenshots don't show it set to Fade, it is set to Pen Pressure. The first one was set to Fade.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Oh, yeah everytime I do set it to fade it doesn't show up in the little preview box. And if I try and draw with it it just draws a line and then goes back to pen pressure.

Are you changing to other brush tips then coming back to this one? The settings always reset to their default so if you want specific things you'll have to save this as a new brush.

Nope, tried it on every brush that could have those settings and it wouldn't work.

Have you tried deleting the preferences yet? In Windows, hold down Ctrl-Alt-Shift while launching the program. You should get a prompt asking if you want to delete your preferences file.

I can't guarantee that it will work, as I have never seen that behavior (assuming I correctly understand what's going on), but it does seem to fix a lot of random problems in PS.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12