Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The City of Deestan

Blog Entries

You can tell I am on the hunt for cities and localities for the main CWBP map...

I am a little confused by a few things too. The name of the sea and river on which its placed here seem different to the main map tile. So I am not being confused here am I ? Is this is the Deestan from your Skolvendun tile ?

Well, if it is, I came across this more by accident as its not being indexed in the list of places for CWBP. Do you think this should be retitled [Region 1][Mao 6][City x]Deestan ?

I am getting the feeling that this is not part of CWBP tho...
    Last edited by Redrobes; 07-24-2008 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    You can tell I am on the hunt for cities and localities for the main CWBP map...

I am a little confused by a few things too. The name of the sea and river on which its placed here seem different to the main map tile. So I am not being confused here am I ? Is this is the Deestan from your Skolvendun tile ?

Well, if it is, I came across this more by accident as its not being indexed in the list of places for CWBP. Do you think this should be retitled [Region 1][Mao 6][City x]Deestan ?
    It could be. I am big.....re-user. Nothing I ever make goes away. If I can rehash something I will.

That said, to make it fit to the CWBP I need to rotate the map, and rename the River and Ocean.

(Much Like I plan on reusing the pne-n-paper map for Shirdon for....Shirdon )
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

Ah, ok thats cool. I try to reuse as much as possible. With all these cities they appear as specks on the main map so ill keep this one on my map as a sort of reference so that in the future it will be easier to update.

This is pretty awesome. I love the riverbanks, I'm going to have to steal that technique.
    John

Question How did you add those rivers after the fact?

Being completely new to CC3 I'm just learning how to achieve some things with the software but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. NeonKnight, I would love to know how you managed to have a land map of Deestan and then add the rivers in. This is exactly what I am trying to acheive on a local land map I have. It is an inland map with no coast, but I would like to add a river. The CC3 tutorial only shows how to add rivers using the curved path tool but that simply creates a line of a certain thickness. I would like to have varying distances between the riverbanks like you have in your map. If anyone can shed some light on how to do that I'd really appreciate the help.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234