Thread: Hello fellow cartographers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Default Hello fellow cartographers

Hello to everyone here at the Cartographer's Guild.

I am a GIMP user and have been for about a year but I am not nearly as skilled as I would want to be yet. For instance, I have only recently began using layer masks. I have mostly used the program to create desktop wallpapers or forum avatars/signatures for myself and my friends. I have used the program to makes maps before but my skills at the time really limited what I could do. However, tutorials here, especially those by RobA, have helped me tremendously and I definitely appreciate everyone's work.

I use to be an advert RPG-gamer though I don't find myself having the time to play as many as I use to anymore. Still, I am an active member of a RPG gaming forum where I use to help run forum based for one of it's groups. I am in the process of designing a new forum based game and have decided that I need to improve my map making skills to make the game much more enjoyable for the participants. Hence, how I came across this site. It's no wonder though that I would eventually end up at this site. I like to draw maps and have been doing so from as a kid imagining my own fantasy world to more recent road maps.

This is a practice map I am currently working on after learning a few things from tutorials. I still need to add the dirt, mountains, and forests layers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapwork.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	603.5 KB 
ID:	36951
    Last edited by HTram; 07-08-2011 at 07:41 PM.