Thread: WIP - Westbush

Wip WIP - Westbush

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've been mapping, but I would like some help on this new small village, mostly with the walls and the bridge.

The village has a small population, mostly in the outlying farms, though in the village itself, there is a manor house with attached barracks inside a wall, and the village itself has a wall.

I have to fit an Inn, smithy and some housing in still.

Cheers,

Hedron

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks like a good start.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Here's the next stage, I am still not happy with the walls, even though I have used a color overlay to remove some of the "blue", and the gatehouse could use some work interfacing to the wall better as well.

May also change the grass technique as well, doesn't seem to "fit".

The collection of buildings in the enclosed wall area are the knights manor, his armsmen's barracks and the siege supplies (largest to smallest building)
    The yellowy roofed building is the inn, and the oldest building in the town, built when the bridge was wooden (now it is stone)
    The thin building behind the inn is the stables, little more than a covered space, and the hexagonal building is the village meeting hall/militia training building
    The building across from the Inn is the village shop, and the blue roofed tower is home to the resident Realm Magi.
    The L-shaped building is the smithy, with the forge itself under the sheltered extension to the building (short "arm" of the "L")

I will add some trees and one or two of the outlying farms soon.

~ Hedron