Thread: need Maps

Default need Maps

Im hopeing you good artest guys will enlighten me? I am seeking 800x565 ordenary terrain trees rocks tracks woods streams grass mud , but no buidings MainRoads or anything that confines the usefullness of the Map. I need 800x565 pixel plain terrain no hexes or grids just simple but interesting landscape from an overhead view, at say 1 mile to 800 pixels. I am doing a free project so I need the Maps for free too? I am attaching an example map link that suits purpose to this message. I need about 7 of them or anything upto 7?

You May Have played 'HighWay To The Riche' Im Makeing a Low-Budget(free) game of this scale & period computer boardwargame(not realy that much like it but). I've not seen the actual boardgame I'm asuming its the same as the Matrixgames computer version or simular? My Programming is just about done(I know you guys dont play computer games? so Im tempted to not include the Links but here they are included for reference

http://www.mediafire.com/file/83zd4d...actical107.zip
    http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/5990184.jpg

both links are the same file on free ftp servers so you may have to wait 30 seconds! sorry!

You can email me at zxalphaman@yahoo.co.uk if you wish, or post here?

"I know you guys dont play computer games?" I just had to laugh but then I wondered if I was the only one here who plays computer games..
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    "I know you guys dont play computer games?" I just had to laugh but then I wondered if I was the only one here who plays computer games..
    No you are not, I just don't have as much time for them as I once did.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I used to play a lot of games but pick a genre and everything in the genre is pretty much the same so it's rather dull now.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Agreed. It's almost like they are afraid to try something new.

Sorry, this is looking a bit like a thread hijack. I guess we can discuss this subject elsewhere and get back to your issue of needing a map.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt