Thread: June/July 2011 Lite Challenge Entry : Junjul's Treasure map

Default June/July 2011 Lite Challenge Entry : Junjul's Treasure map

So this is a map I've done (maybe I make some changes while I have time, but not sure). It is a completly new style for me, and I think it isn't good enough to win, but I'm posting anyway. The city and the Inn brush are from Ramah as the ones I tried to draw were ugly.

I had a serious problem drawing the elevation (where the waterfall is located) and thats why it looks strange, still don't know what to do to make it better. And the map is obviouly out of scale (specially the mountains), it was intentional.

Well, my first try in a challenge...

### Winner ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	junjultreasure.jpeg 
Views:	670 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	37014
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-30-2018 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Added Winner tag

Hey, that's nice! For the waterfall, how about if you ran the cliff-drawing right across that spot, rock-colored or wet-rock colored (darker), then use your blue and white to 'paint' the cascade? Either translucent, or 'drybrushed' to leave visible bits of the underlying cliff?

Like in software, "if you document it, it is a feature, not a defect", so your 'not to scale' annotation makes any mismatches totally okay :-).

Really really beautiful map!!

Yes, quite nice indeed. And even though it is a new style for you, I can still tell that it is one of your maps, based upon your two previous pieces. Good on you for developing your own style of mapping.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

It is beautiful, and I think a bit more contrast on the falls - along with jbgibson's suggestion, you might try softly darkening the flat water directly above and below it to bring it out a little more if you feel it needs it. Maybe it won't. I do enjoy the cohesive quality of your work.

Thank you for the posts,

I'm gonna try the waterfall ideia, but don't know if I can this week as I'm a little busy with school. Anyway I tried something like u said but as u can see couldn't reach a good waterfall.

Well, wish me luck if I don't change anything on the map, I'll need it (There are some really good works on this challange)