Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shared Worlds?

Default Shared Worlds?

I've noticed that this board has a shared world, but it looks very over populated with people working on it. Is there more the one world on that board? Or just one everyone works on?

I thought about started a shared world - I love world building and it's always a lot more fun when there's a group. But I don't want to step on anyone's toes if there's an active one here on the boards.

i have no idea but id be interested in getting on on something like that.
    Who is John Galt?

Cool, if another shared world is started. it could be done outside this forum. so not to interfer with the one that this site has.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If you're talking about the Community World-Building Project (CWBP) then that's just a bunch of maps for a world that was created. We all mapped out various sections and towns and stuff like that. There are probably many towns and villages left to be finished or even started. I'm not real up to snuff on what's to be done and whatnot so drop a post in that thread and those more familiar with it will be able to help you. I know some of the guys are currently running a D&D campaign in this world.

If you're talking about the guild-sponsored adventure that we're planning on putting out for Pathfinder, well, that sort of stalled.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I was leaning toward something that has all the back information of the world, yes maps and cities and things like that, but what creatures, magic, people etc this world has. Which may lean more toward a writing group vs a map group, but I thought I'd ask here

im sure theres plenty of overlap of interest within the guild for that sort of project.

if you think you'd want to start one up you could probably requit enough people to do so. Ive run a couple of open ended world building projects over on the wizards of the coast forums, and theyre always pretty fun.
    Who is John Galt?

I'm hoping that there will be some overlap interested. I'm just wondering how many the group should have. Small group or a large group.

that would depend on the size of the project i suppose
    Who is John Galt?

True, do you know of any other mapper or gaming sites that would be interested in something like this?

I might be, but my strengths are all at the beginning, in coming up with the whole world outline. I haven't done much yet on a smaller scale, although it's on my list of things to do someday.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast