Thread: Writers' Corner?

Question Writers' Corner?

So yeah, the title says it all, I guess.
    Is there a "writers' corner"? Maybe I'm just blind, but I can't find it.

I know this is primarily a site for mapping, but many would-be fantasy-writers stumble upon this site in the strangest of ways, blinded
    by the dark fog of the misty internet in which many monsters and trolls dwell and - oh, sorry. *ahem*

Anyways. It would be fun to see a writers' corner where maps can "come alive" if you know what I mean.
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nope, no special place for that - maps for books end up in their respective category - world, regional, city etc...
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I have a feeling we discussed this a long time ago (might have been on the mods board) and came to the conclusion that we didn't want to dilute the focus of the site. We had an 'alliance' with a writing site called 'Plotstorming' which looked like a really good fit at the time: writers + mappers, but it didn't really go anywhere which is a real pity. It had great potential on paper.

That's too bad...
    Ah well, If/when I finish my book I will show the maps for the book here and then (maybe) people can read the story as well.
    At least that's something. I will definately have detailed maps of the different cities and perhaps drawings of different items such as certain weapons, clothing etc.
    I like such visual aids in a book
    Last edited by Aenigma; 07-11-2011 at 06:22 PM.

If your looking for a writing site i can suggest dropping by www.fmwriters.com The site is huge, but there's tons of forums there for ever genre and there's even a really great chat room.

Quote Originally Posted by magicalbookworm View Post
    If your looking for a writing site i can suggest dropping by www.fmwriters.com The site is huge, but there's tons of forums there for ever genre and there's even a really great chat room.
    Thanks! I'll do that.

Edit: It looks very promising. I'm really, really glad for the tip, magicalbookworm. Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by Aenigma; 07-11-2011 at 06:33 PM.

I'm glad you like it, I'm magicalbookworm over there also. A lot of newcomers do seem a little overwhelmed at first, so if you have any troubles drop into the chat room and ask or post something on the main forums. There's also crit groups, some private from all the other users that you can join and even a private roving group too.

Nice. I like the fact that the site seems to aim at helping people towards getting published, which is what I'm aiming at some day.

Edit: I joined the site under the name "Dread"
    Last edited by Aenigma; 07-11-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Yes! That's a big thing for the site. It did start out as a goal toward print publishing, but in the last year a lot of it has morphed to the idea of self published ebooks and such, which is nice that the site is looking at other things now.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hmmm... maybe one should join up there as well - looks like a promising site
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise