Thread: Hello

Post Hello

I have been running a D&D campaign in my own campaign world of the Realm of Quindia for nearly 30 years and I have been drawing maps for the place the entire time. From colored pencil renderings to modern vector maps, my style has evolved along with technology and the campaign world.

My website has not been updates for years, but I plan on launching a new site this summer with the release of 4e. It will be more detailed and void of the endless linkless lists that now haunt the site and, of course, there will be lots of maps!

I am a professional illustrator. I live in Chesapeake, VA with my beautiful wife (who is also an artist) and two deranged cats, Napoleon and Josephine. My primary map making tool is CorelDraw and the suite of utilities that comes with it. I also use Adobe Photoshop and Corel Painter. I use a Wacom tablet and stylus to try to achieve a hand made look to my digital maps. Most recently have been experimenting with Google sketchup, though I anticipate only using the tool to make layouts to serve as a guide for hand drawn villages and forts (I have a wonderful 3D model of an iconic D&D settlement finished and awaiting such treatment).

I am happy to have found this forum and look forward to seeing all of your projects. I am always happy to answer questions about my maps.
    Clarence Harrison
    Quindia Studios

Welcome aboard. Glad you found us.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected delgondahntelius's Avatar

Greetings and welcome. Like Neon, I'm glad you found this site too, your maps are wonderful and I look forward to seeing more of them, and perhaps you can do a few tutorials as well, on how you do your mountains is one I'm interested in...

Welcome! I'm glad you're here, trapped with us in the mapping soul jar, never to escape from the---(okay, this is getting far too overblown! Sorry!)

I really enjoyed your website--especially the evolution of the Quindia land from 1980-present! Brought back a lot of good memories for me. I must also say I really like your hand-drawn maps very much.

I hope you share with others your obvious talents, and if you ever felt like zapping a tutorial or even just a quick run-down of Corel uses/tricks, I think that would be awesome, as to my knowledge we have nothing of the sort here (yet!)

Once again, welcome to the Guild.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Quote Originally Posted by quindia View Post
    Most recently have been experimenting with Google sketchup, though I anticipate only using the tool to make layouts to serve as a guide for hand drawn villages and forts.
    That is a super use for the tool. If you search the forums for sketchup yo will find a few examples, including one by (?????) what shows huts made in sketchup used as guidelines, along with a final image drawn over that.

-Rob A>