Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Hobbit Pics

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the Silmaril is a hard read ... and as I remember, not that good - a couple of nice things, but you don't need that background to enjoy the other stories. I enjoyed the DL chronicles when I read them in my teens, started to read them again some 10 years ago but couldn't really get into them again, read to much "dark" fantasy and they seemed a little to "simple" now - but I remember the stories with fondness. I now have them on hold till my kids are ready to hear them - problem is that I have to real-time translate them to danish as the actual danish translation you can buy sucks big time. Never got into the Belgariad cause they seemed a little to much like what I read in the later trilogy. Really liked Sparhawk and had a great time roleplaying in that world (using rolemaster as system).
    And on a by note - I was reading the hobbit aloud yesterday and they arrived to Beorns house - I forgot all about him - and the eagles - so it looks like its good that I'm refreshing the story
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Yeah, I look at The Belgariad an early draft of The Elenium.

I quite enjoyed the Silmarillion, although it is indeed a difficult read. But I was quite a Tolkienphile when I was younger; I might not have the same patience for it nowadays.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I've never finished the Silmarillion, just a bit to dull for too long.

Anyone else see resemblance between the actor playing Gloin and John Rhys Davies as Gimli?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well there should be resemblance between those two
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    well there should be resemblance between those two
    True, but a lot of time that gets overlooked.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123