Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big A's Big List of Stuff

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, that one worked. Hate to say it but but ya got my name wrong...Gonzalez. Z on the end not an S. Thanks again, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Oh, sorry! Thought I picked it up exactly as you wrote it.

Will fix that soon along with some further improvements. Grabbed Open Office last night but didn't give it a try yet.

What do you think about writing a short introduction for each chapter?

Update coming soon.
    >Moe
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

Blog Entries

Holy carp! I just took a look at this and I have to say it's an amazing resource, A. Thanks a billion for sharing this with the community. Not only is it great for use with mapping but also for writing - all those list of gems, stones, metals, trees... excellent.

And Moe, not taken a look at your revised version yet but I'll check it out after lunch. But cheers for spending the time to make it more accessible.

As for ideas on things to add... the only thing I noticed was that in your "Water" section at the start you have things like strait but not the basic things like: sea, ocean, gulf, bay. Unless I missed them. It's worth knowing the difference for map labelling.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    And Moe, not taken a look at your revised version yet but I'll check it out after lunch. But cheers for spending the time to make it more accessible.
    As for ideas on things to add... the only thing I noticed was that in your "Water" section at the start you have things like strait but not the basic things like: sea, ocean, gulf, bay. Unless I missed them. It's worth knowing the difference for map labelling.
    Thanks ;-) - check out chapter 1.5 in the new version to find the terms you've mentioned.

Changes in version 0.3:
    • Cover page edited
    • Added chapter numeration
    • formatting issues erased
    • Ascensionz name corrected ;-)
    • some technical changes

I will delete the older versions within this thread and link to the new one.
    Hope you all enjoy!
    >Moe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stpom - beta 0.3.pdf  
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

Wow, I just looked at this for the first time. That is a ton of information and I want to add my word of thanks to you for putting this all together and sharing. It's a good reference for Game Masters as well because you are probably building a world as well.

Thanks again! (and to you Moe for polishing the look)
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Moe - I'll look at the chapters as you have them and see if can come up with something. Don't hold your breath that it will be soon because I'm still reacquiring everything that I lost last week with the hard drive meltdown.

Ramah - those things were there, I'll see if they got axed.

Jax - I build a world with every map, shrug. Other than that, nope. I'm an idea-man so I like to gather ideas and info and just strange tidbits that make cool story lines, art pieces, or game hooks. I've always wanted to write an epic thing but I never got past the "someday I'm going to do this..." stage. But for those of you who are writers or GMs, this is meant to give you ideas you might need if you get stuck. The alchemy section will be most important once I finish detailing all of those flowers and minerals and things.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Take your time, Ascension - so I'll have more to concentrate on mapping

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Ramah - those things were there, I'll see if they got axed.
    Wasn't axed - you'll find it in chapter 1.5

>Moe
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

Wow, this is a really awesome resource. Thanks Ascension for the time you spent writing this. Thanks to Moe for converting this to the really nice PDF. Rep to you both.

Now I am just waiting for the GIMP brush pack.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123