View Poll Results: Please vote for three (3) entries

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** June/July Voting - Free For All ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Lots of good stuff here, hard to pick three when I like at least six. I picked Jax first because I like his lil cities a lot...that could really go along way to future work. He has his own style but I think it's over filtered or over processed and sort of detracts from the overall niceness...but it still gets a vote and it's just my opinion. I picked Alex because he has a definitive style emerging, heavy and bold. He may refine things to be more subtle in the future but for now, this has a lot of character. Then I picked Candacis because I really like what's going on there even if the cloud cover is a bit heavy...I really want to see that terrain because it hints at looking very cool. I won't comment on the others, there's a lot of good things going on with them but I'm just explaining my thinking on my votes. If I were to comment on all of them I might be here for the next two hours.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Novice

It took me a while to finally eliminate my choices down to three. My choices are AlexTna for style, Jaxilon for creativity, and PlumCrazy for originality.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

1. Greel - that looks great. I wish there were a few more details (what can I say? I like intricate maps...) but the overall style is just fantastic. Love it.

2. timallen - Love the thinking-outside-the-box idea of using the shapes as rips in parchment, and I like the old-timey pirate map look of it.

3. Jax - Your style is really starting to grow on me. I love your color choices, but as Ascension said, it does feel a tad overdone. Still more than good enough to get my vote though.

If I could've voted for more, I would have had to add bartmoss and Beoner in as well. It was really tough for me to nix those two in my voting, actually.

AlexTna and Beoner - because I love the styles and everything else. But PlumCrazy (how apt) gets a vote for being unexpected and decidedly cool. =)

Wow! Didn't think I would get so many votes O.O
    Thank you guys,

I'm still thinking on who I'm voting, it's a hard. I think I'll let for the last day

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks all for the votes, considering it was a late entry on a whim, I didn't quite get it done, and this being my second ever challenge, I am quite happy :-)

I'm quite happy with my vote tally as well. Thanks to all of you, and great challenge folks! Looks like this next one isn't my speed, so I'll be seeing you all in later months!
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Thanks for the votes guys, didn't think I could get so many . This Challenge was a very good learning experience and i think I am more confident now and more determined to get better. Very nice entries guys, I would of voted for at least 6 if I could. We will meet again in the September Challenge hopefully, because this months challenge is out of my "league"

Too many people in this challenge. I ran out of reputation before I got to everyone.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Congrats, Beoner! A worthy victory.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast