Thread: First Finished "artistic" map

Guild Novice

Map First Finished "artistic" map

Hi everybody,
    i just finished my first map with the tuto "Artistic Map in GImp"! it's really simple and cool so i thank the man who done this one and also the man who told me that i might do one map with this method before doing another!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cascadonne plus petite.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	4.32 MB 
ID:	37200

Entrée = entry
    Désert = Desert
    (i'm not sure for this word, could a guy who speak better english than me, translate this)

advises or critiqs are welcome!

PS:How could i make it less huge?
    Last edited by Alak; 07-18-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Hi! Nice map. You may want to consider moving the Cardena label off the water though, so it won't interfere with the shoreline.

The translation... I find that this website is generally accurate: http://translate.google.com/

Making the image smaller... I'm guessing you mean uploading to the site? When uploading, you want to find the 'attachments' button as you're creating a new post (or editing an old one). The button has a paperclip on a sheet of paper. That opens a new window/popup, where you: + Add Files > Choose File > Upload. Then drag it down to the bottom section and click Done. Attach your map image after typing everything in the post. If it's a work in progress (WIP) that you wish to be seen in a thumbnail gallery then the last thing to type before adding the image is ### (then one space) LatestWIP (one more space) ### (No one seems to know what will happen if you type it in someone else's thread, haha).

Hope that's helpful! =)

Guild Novice

Thanks for the advice, i'll remove the cardena label!

The problem for the size of the image is that i can't upload it directly in this site because the size is too big! so i uploaded it on imgur and i put the link on my post but i didn't think it'll do this!

It'll stay huge, no problem, thank you for trying^^

No problem at all. You can re-size the image (or a jpg copy, so you don't accidentally mess up any layers in your WIP) within Gimp by going to: Image > Scale Image. Make sure the little chain link is in one piece to keep the aspect ratio. Internet resolution is 72 pixels/in. Once you've saved it at the smaller size, just follow the attachment directions above so you get the thumbnail link instead of a giant photo which slows down the page-loading time. Maybe that's what you meant?

Guild Novice

Better like this thanks!