Thread: Ink Maps

Default Ink Maps

So, I've posted this on my introduction, but the low-down should go here. This is a bit of a trial sketch of the area around my town (ok, some of the names are fiddled, I admit that) that saw me playing around with sepia ink and a light-board. How do you find it? ... also, do you know where it is?

Ooh, very nice! I love the clean hatch lines, and the color is very nice. Way to make an entrance in style Lukc!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Is it in Italy?

Now the obvious choice, if it is in Italy, is somewhere near the Alps...

But without giving it a google search, I can not be sure.

Wonderful map! I like the color choice and the mountain style is very nice. Repped!
    Induite vos armaturam Dei
    Ephesians 6:11

Blog Entries

I had to check with google as I first thought it might be Czech because of all the č and ž (I can count to two in czech but three is impossible for me - dvě piva, prosím, its all you need !) but I believe were talking Slovenia yes ? I have to admit I don't know very much about Slovenia, its landscape and terrain. So more maps of your area please !

Welcome to the guild.

Yes, Redrobes, it's in Slovenia. Right along the Italian border (guess the big ITALIA kind of gave it away, Lalaithion ). The terrain here is pretty much mostly mountains and narrow valleys, so lots and lots of work, if you're doing an old-style map. I pretty much cut off the hills here where they go out of my region, since this was a concept for a regional tourist map. The final version is probably going to be digitally lettered, though I haven't decided on a font-set yet.

Oh, and if you say "dve pivi" here, it means the same thing - 2 beers.