Thread: Tablet toss up

Default Tablet toss up

Im having a hard time choosing either one.. I really want a tablet bad and I can't spend 150 on a decent one yet because of giving my mom money for her mortgage (or however you spell it.)

This

Or

This

And used refurbished or new i'd like to keep it in between 60 dollars though.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

From the variety of discussions I've seen, most would say go the Wacom route.

I've got an Intuos4 (wacom) and I've never regretted the purchase. Some of the most amazing works I've seen on this site (and deviantart too) are from the Bamboo series, so those are nothing to sneeze at

I couldn't say much about the other pad you mention though it seems to have some ok reviews from amazon.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

I use a Bamboo Fun and I can't complain about it.

I personnaly use an Intuos 4 at home, managed to get the office to equip my station with a regular Intuos 3 that still does the trick.

I'll say, anything Wacom, go for it, you won't regret it. Just be careful with other tablets, as a friend of mine got himself a tablet only to realize after that the pen needed batteries (not as convenient isn't it ?)

The wacom just need an usb plug and nothing else, plus you can litterally set any custom preference according to any application you'd want to use, once the driver is installed. Wonderful product. (Hope it doesn't seem like I'm over-selling anything)

I were you, I'd save up and invest in a better model, you won't regret it

I think that VisTablet model is the one that's flexible. I have a friend who owns one. He says it's great for travel because it's very lightweight, thin and flexible. The pen is a bit unwieldy, though, due to the battery. It has quite a large diameter, which makes it uncomfortable to use for very long, and it's not balanced quite right, in my opinion.

You'll also need to support it during use, since it is not rigid. I commonly put my Wacom in my lap, but that wouldn't work for the VisTablet without a book or a board or something beneath it.

My friend has no complaints about the quality of output, though. He opted to take it with him on a trip instead of his Wacom, and he's a professional visual effects artist, so it must at least be adequate to whatever he's using it for at the moment (After Effects, most likely).
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I'd recommend a Wacom so far like everyone else. I have an intuos4 Medium and I've used the bamboo a lot too. They perform pretty flawlessly. However some of the cheaper brands aren't too bad (I bought a cheap Trust tablet last week just to try it out and it performed very well for the price). If you've got the cash, I'd definitely go for a Wacom but it is worth doing a little research on some of the other brands I think.

Its been decided.. Im getting a Wacom Bamboo Tablet.

(Irony because just lower of the typing box theres an add for a bamboo Pen Tablet..)