Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sette Regni - Regional Map - WIP

Guild Apprentice

Wip Sette Regni - Regional Map - WIP

Greetings!

I'm a new enthusiast and I decided to go head first into this wonderful world, submitting my first map ever here, to have some feedback, criticism and improve my skills.

Some friends asked me to start adventuring, knowing that I've been an AD&D GM back in the days. I know some of the guys (and gals) are quite "nosy" and will surely go read all the setting material if I choose to use "official" sources, so I decided to make my own world as campaign setting!

I have used Fractal Terrain Pro and Photoshop CS4. I play with PS since quite some time, but never made something big, and never tried to do something like a map before. I started following the tutorial about Israh made by a2area (I found this awesome place through that tutorial here.

Soon I started experimenting and trying new ideas in order to find something I like AND has a bit of originality. I simplified the "world creation" process a lot, as I don't need so much details and tried to achieve a watercolor feeling.

This is a work in progress, I've put here a reduced overall view of the central region, along with a partial view at full resolution.

All feedback and criticism are welcomed. Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	central-region.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	37219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	central-region_full_res_clo.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	977.8 KB 
ID:	37220

Very nice, love it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

This is magnificent work, NatroN! I love the style you've developed here.

This is just amazingly beautiful work ... very refined style you got there !

Wow! That looks fantastic! This is quite an auspicious beginning Natron; welcome to the guild!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Journeyer

Excellent work. I like how most, but not all, of your (presumably) country borders follow natural features like rivers and mountains. And you've picked a really nice terrain too.
    I am a geology nerd.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

With the others lavishing praise, and with good reason, I'll be the one guy who says that your nation borders are quite vivid and bright...maybe darken them up a bit. Otherwise, looks good, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast