Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** July/August Lite Mapping Challenge - a magical education ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default *** July/August Lite Mapping Challenge - a magical education ***

So with a certain major franchise wrapping up right now in the cinemas it seemed like an opportune time to run a challenge based in that most loved institution of fantasy literature - the school of wizardry. This could be Hogwarts, the Unseen University or the Isle of Roke or some bizarre college unrelated to any of these.

The requirements of the challenge are:
    • It must clearly depict some part of a learning environment for people to learn about the arcane
    • It must be complete by the 15th of August when this challenge will close.

For each entry start a new thread in this forum with the title:
    July/August challenge entry - <your title here>

Before any thumbnail write:
    ### Latest WIP ###

This will allow the thumbnail scraper to pick up the thumbs to create an array of the posts for people to check out.
    The winner of the challenge will win fame, glory and a $40 store voucher from Profantasy. Good luck! Accio Entries!

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That:

It must clearly depict some part of a learning environment for people to learn about the arcane

is harder than it seems at first glance!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hmmm... maybe a little magic school on the Prarie with room for 12 kids
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

That:

It must clearly depict some part of a learning environment for people to learn about the arcane

is harder than it seems at first glance!
    I think it can be pretty open actually. A river of lave with the title - Environmental defence class and some notes down the side would probably scrape through

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    I think it can be pretty open actually. A river of lave with the title - Environmental defence class and some notes down the side would probably scrape through
    Now if I can just figure out how to draw a river of bathe..and if it is to teach defense it might be time to find new friends to bathe with. What exactly are we trying to learn here?

lave
    O.E. gelafian "wash by pouring, pour (water)," possibly an early Eng. or W.Gmc. borrowing of L. lavare "to wash," or its O.Fr. descendant, laver. L. lavare is from PIE *lou- "to wash" (cf. L. luere "to wash," Gk. louein "to wash, bathe," O.Ir. loathar "basin," Bret. laouer "trough," O.E. leaþor
    DOH! He means lava!

Sorry Torstan, in my weakness I could not resist an interesting typo.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Yep, that was an unfortunate one. That will teach me not to type before coffee...

Well, that is an interesting one. Let's see what I can do, thinking on doing a circle tower/school for wizards

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

"part of a learning environment..."

Hmm...well, since I work in a university library, I guess I better make a magical version of that.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Cool...I love stacks. Especially the dark, out of the way places where ... uh...never mind.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Before I start rummaging around my head for inspiration, are there any size restrictions that I need to be aware of (ie minimum or maximum sizes)?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast