Thread: A few maps I've made

Map A few maps I've made

Here are three maps I've done, just to give you an idea of where I'm at. These were all done with CC3(the dungeon one made with the DD3 add-on).
    I haven't added any text labels to the overland maps because they've basically been practice maps for me, and I didn't want to think up names for everything =)

The Dungeon map is one I used for a D&D campaign I was running. I managed to put the window view so that the grid squares printed off about an inch per side, and printed off several pages which I taped together. The gaming group enjoyed using that for their miniatures rather than our usual wet-erase squiggles on a mat we otherwise use.

The second map is a CC3 map of a large island/small continent with a desert island not far off the coast. I didn't add any settlements, cities, roads or ruins to this one, since I put so many symbols on the map that it took a long time to redraw any time I added anything new. Next time I think I'll be a bit more sparse with the symbols.

The third map I made using the CC3 Cartographer's Annual issue for the Sarah Wroot map style. I think I like this style a lot and will probably use it in the future.

Anyway, feel free to let me know what you think. I'm getting to know how to use the programs, slowly but surely, and I'll be making many more maps in the future.

Thanks,
    Prism Shard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cave Entrance.JPG 
Views:	530 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	2491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC3 Islands Map.JPG 
Views:	501 
Size:	306.2 KB 
ID:	2492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SW Style Map.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	356.4 KB 
ID:	2493  

Hey, those are very good test runs! I am no CC user, so I can't speak to what potential you missed or fulfilled with that software, but I can say as an outsider/general viewer that you do a lot of great things here! I like that Wroot style especially; seen it elsewhere too and always found it appealing!

Great post. Keep 'em comin!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Those are really, really nice. The Dungeon could benefit from some more effects (Drop shadows, glows, etc).

The Sarah Wroot map is Da'Bomb! I have always loved the simplicity of that style.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Nice CC3 maps, maybe one day I'll quit reading help files and actually draw a cc3 map..

Keep'em coming

hey, great maps! nice work on all of them, and i really like the third one. i would go with that style for your campaign maps. the dungeon map is good, but i'm personally not a big fan of having grid lines anywhere except the dungeon. it really is unnecessary to have the grids in the exterior fill. just a thought. great work, though, on all of them!