Thread: Ironwrought: A Arlion The Shattered Empire Campaign Setting Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Map Ironwrought: A Arlion The Shattered Empire Campaign Setting Map

Whew..it's been a little while since I've done any mapping but I'm back and I present Ironwrought The first city for my Arlion The Shattered Empire Campaign Setting. It features my usual style of city building with the maze like streets and minimal detail. As always let me know what you think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ironwrought.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	3.85 MB 
ID:	37227
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I see house shadows on top of the wall. Might want to move the wall layer up so that it covers the houses.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Very nice JT. Did you create those house shapes in GIMP, or did you use Inkscape or some other vector program? I've been thinking that when I finally get around to doing a city map I'll create the house shapes in Inkscape, but if you've found an easy way to do this in GIMP I'd be curious to know how you did it. Also, I just checked your OP profile but didn't see any info on your new campaign setting. Are you planning on hosting it at the Portal?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Very nice JT. Did you create those house shapes in GIMP, or did you use Inkscape or some other vector program? I've been thinking that when I finally get around to doing a city map I'll create the house shapes in Inkscape, but if you've found an easy way to do this in GIMP I'd be curious to know how you did it. Also, I just checked your OP profile but didn't see any info on your new campaign setting. Are you planning on hosting it at the Portal?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks. Yandor is right. The pattern suits my style of city building as I don't go for super detail at this scale. I will probably do "section" maps of this city like my Riverhewn Maps. As far as the actual campaign setting I haven't fleshed it out yet I'm still working on the maps. Thanks A for the shadow tip I'll fix that.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

He got it from a pattern made by Pyrandon, I believe it went with one of their city maps. Its a fantastic pattern, especially if you can get it in a vector image out of it...
    Last edited by Yandor; 07-20-2011 at 12:11 AM.
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Oh I see, thanks for heads up Yandor.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

bahaah you read it before I fixed it, it was AidyBaby that did it not pyrandon, the pattern is found here
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!