Thread: [WIP]City of ... (2nd return)

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Default [WIP]City of ... (2nd return)

Well, hello again!

So, it's been about 7 months, I guess, since my last post. Oh, how times flies...
    I've been busy with way too many irrelevant things, like getting an education and living life and stuff, so I that's why I haven't had the chance to get any mapping done. I've browsed the site occasionally, though, just to get my carto-fix.
    I'm on my summer break from school, so I finally had some time to be creative! I don't expect it to last, though, since I starting school again in about a month, and well, for someone who just can't make small maps, it's hard to find the time to map between all the reading and classes...

Anyway, this is a WIP of an as yet unnamed city. I thought I'd for something real simple and neat, just lines and text, and no effects, so that the whole project doesn't spiral out of control and becomes a massive time sink. It has become that already, of course, but hey, what can you do?

As you can see, I've only gotten about 1/3 of the city down, and even that part is only about 50% done.

Let me know what you think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP1.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	37267

Since nobody has graced me with their poignant criticisms, I'll go ahead and bump myself by posting an update.

Name:	WIP2.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	37311

Looks good. Just to say Saturday is the worst day to try and get critiques on any map. Monday - Friday, you'll get plenty of feedback. On the weekends? Almost never. Just so you don't get discouraged.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

It is 'clean', but then... I know quite well how projects have a tendency to grow beyond measure. I like how you included the tunnel. The bridge over the park is an intriguing idea as well.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Not much for me to say, as I'm not proficient with this style, but I'd say it looks just about as perfect as I would expect a modern street map to look. Sooo...good job there, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Another update. Holy smokes, that's a lot of names to come up with...

I think I'm gonna add some more highways, those interchanges are really fun to make!

Name:	WIP3.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	37388

I love the contrast between modern street-map and sort of classic fantasy names for things. xD Really cool!

@Meridok
    Yeah, this is a little fantasy town that's all grown up now.

Anyway, next...

Name:	WIP4.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	2.99 MB 
ID:	37412