• The ruined manorhouse by terrainmonkey

16 57.14%
  • Big Easy Station by Baziron

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: February Challenge Voting

Post concern

Hi to U all again,

I was just browsing through the other pass challenge and I was wondering 1 thing:

Currently, we are 1,131 members and more importantly, around 300 active, so How come we only get about 25 votes per challenge from our members, taking into account that most voting post got more then 200 views.

My point being that the more person we get to vote, the better it is to get a feeling of how we, has a guild, like our maps and maybe give us a direction as to were we should go.

Not that any style must be left to die, more to the contrary, but like in my case, I don’t have any more idea of what kind of style I should try for my next maps.

It’s just that the other guys from previous month and of this month decide to take some personal time from their live to make great maps, so IMHO the least they should get is some votes from us.

Only my 2 cents.

Sea U a-round,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

That is a very good question, Alu and one that I often ask myself. I'm not sure why so many members are shy about voting in the contest. I try to encourage voting by changing my sig to bring attention to voting but I guess most people don't want to take the time to vote?

Terrainmonkey got extra browny points from me because he posted maps without writing on them, otherwise I really liked the Tower because its the sort of adventure I really like. I don't have a player called Nigel!

The skull could be pulled together into an amazing map too! Dont give up on it.

Sigurd

Well, I had to vote for tmonkey. These were all great entries and the spread from best to worst wasn't that great. Actually, I suspect I'd favor Baziron's offering were it more complete. The technical sophistication of redrobes' entry was impressive and, hey, 3d! I loved the graphical nature of NK and Alucard's work. If I live to be a hundred, I'll never do anything that cool! In the end, though, something about that manorhouse made me think about it a lot. I could really imagine exploring a place like that. I think that's one of the great things about an excellent map or scenery image. You want to look around that corner. Where does that river lead? Is there a vast underground shrine of Kuo-Toa under that mansion? Brrr... it makes me shiver with excitement!

I was very torn yet again this month.

I put in my vote for TerrainMonkey based on the technical merit of his work. And because you textured the grid lines on the first map; that was a nice touch!

I really wanted to vote for Baziron because he converted a public place, which seemed to me to be more in keeping with the spirit of the challenge. Alas, the work was not completed (a situation I can certainly identify with).
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

wawaweewa! you like me, you really, really like me!

okay, to all of you who like these maps, i think i'll work on the adventure for it. i'll start a new thread, with a few things changed, and put that up later on this week. i'm thinking of somthing that can be scaled for between 5-10th level if you are talking D&D or any d20 system game. thanks for all the kudos. about a week ago i couldn't seem to find the time to get back to this one. i guess what's there is better than i thought.

I also voted for T-Monkey. IMO, that map is made of winning glory and glorious win.

@Su liam & Midgardsomr: Thanks, I appreciate the feedback, it's encouraging. And I'm really sorry for not completing it - I was about to, when the same day I felt the urgent need to save somebody else from harm by taking that upon myself. Actually, I thought that wouldn't hurt as much as it did, but my hand got all swollen (tried to snatch a falling lid to keep it from slamming down, but it did anyways, with my hand stuck in between). It's getting better, and I promise to produce a finished version and put that into the "finished maps" area once it's done.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Praise

Congrats go to terrainmonkey! He wins the February challenge! Good job to all participants of course and keep participating!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Great job, TM--and thanks to all for participating!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Good job all,

And great work to U monkey boy; next time I'll try to beat you , even if it means bribes (I've just bought 7 bananas) .

Hope to see your adventure soon, cause now that you've won, you must put the finishing touch to your map: a level 5-7 will be just great, thanks little winner.

Sea U Hall A-round,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast