16 57.14%
  • Big Easy Station by Baziron

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: February Challenge Voting

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post February Challenge Voting

Some fantastic entries this month! A short month as well. Expecting a fairly close race here in the voting.

Here's your entries:
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Some really good entries. I would have voted for Alucard, but as this is an entry about drawing the maps, I felt it would be unfair on the others as many of Alu's images (although not the maps themselves) were taken from other sources and not drawn by him, although he had put them together beautifully.

i didn't realize this contest would end this soon, but oh well. i'll just have to rely on what is there already and let the folks decide.

i also am impressed with the work alucard has done, but am inclined to call shenanigans for taking some of his maps off of another site and not using his own. i'm not trying to be a spoil sport here. what he has done is great, it's just that these contests are about what YOU can do, not about what OTHERS have done. just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by terrainmonkey View Post
    i also am impressed with the work alucard has done, but am inclined to call shenanigans for taking some of his maps off of another site and not using his own...these contests are about what YOU can do, not about what OTHERS have done. just my 2 cents.
    Yeah, alu & I talked about this, and he cited his sources and such afterwards, which was great. It was just a slight misunderstanding in the purpose of the contests, I think, but he's square now. Alu's a good guy. (And he did do a nice job on his collage-work, didn't he? )

Great entries everyone! Another successful & inspiring month!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Hi to you all,

As I've said to Don, I'm sorry about using many outside work, but I didn't though it would have add any effect since it was for the presentation of the story.

The inn was done as per the contest rules.
    But yes it was a misunderstanding that won't happen again.

Now as for my vote, it was quite hard because this month entries were much diversified, but in the end I chose to vote for Neon's map for 2 reasons:
    1) The simplicity of is map made the job that the challenge asked, and 2)
    Because he took my idea for the style I was going to use for my buildings in my story.

Tmonkey, I think I will have a use for ur map in my next month scenario on my world if you don't mind me using it.

Nice work to U all & hope to see U next month,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

sure, you can use my stuff. that's fine. didn't want you to think i was being a spoilsport about this month's contest. the work you did was great, and shows the work of an impressive cartographer. keep it up!

Thanks Tmonkry,
    I'll tell you, next month, after the game session how it workout
    and it's okay, no hard feeling. I'll just have to be better then you next time .

take care,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I'm curious, is it more appropriate to explain the reasons behind your vote publicly... just wondering that is...

I was clearly outmatched!

I'll try to bring up a finished, complete version of my map - as soon as my drawing hand is back in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    I'm curious, is it more appropriate to explain the reasons behind your vote publicly... just wondering that is...

I don't know about the rest of the world, but for me I think, its fun to know why you get vote for. By knowing the good and bad point of your maps, it helps improve them.

For example, if I tell you that your pink and yellow colors you've use for the grass or that a mapping style don't suit you well (like hand draw maps for me), then the next time you should not do it and try something else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast