Thread: Remember my December Challenge Map from 2009?

Default Remember my December Challenge Map from 2009?

On a lark, I've finally decided to attempt my first foray into publishing, under the Gamer Printshop label - I being the only publisher involved. With Jonathan McAnulty as lead designer and writer - Jonathan has been my writer/designer for my Kaidan publications I am doing with Rite Publishing (we've only gotten 5 star ratings based on his work). I will be splitting profits with Jonathan to pay for his quality. Also, Dawn Fischer - another connection I have is the copy editor for Frog God Games, and I've secured her to be editor for this project. She also writes great short fiction, that I will include in the product.

Based on my December 2009 challenge (I'll get a link in here to it, when I find the time, unless some CL wants to link it for me - I'll do it later, if not) Twelve Nights of Yuleblood (Edit: I posted the link to the left). In the style of the In the Company of Tengu created for Kaidan, there would be a 20 page treatise on Orcs as a playable race with 'in character' description of orc society, then racial traits, preferred classes, a 20 level racial paragon class, some orc archetypes of classes, new feats, new weapons - surrounding the concept of Orc Raiders. Then I would include a single level full adventure pursuing the story premise of the Twelves Nights cheeky poem. I want a couple Mark Hyzer interior illustrations as well as a Jason Rainville cover design - he does great winterscape cover illustrations.

Kind of in the flavor of 'We Be Goblins' - Paizo's tongue in cheek adventure based on goblins. Thus it would be a made for Pathfinder product. Also would shoot for a Thanksgiving release to get it available for a Christmas marketed game product.

So I've gotten both the writer and editor's participation for sure - looks like a fun little product to try on my own.

I will definitely mention the Cartographers' Guild in the product, as it was a CG challenge entry that created the idea for the product in the first place.

Wish me luck.

Michael "GP" Tumey
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 07-24-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Good luck, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Sounds awesome, man. Good luck!

Good on'ya! Hope you guys turn a tidy little profit on this.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh