Hello, community! My name is Scionical, and I am a map-o-holic.

I've been haunting this site for a while now, constantly amazed at the brilliance and creativity I've seen here. I started drawing maps when I should have been doing school work, though not for table-top games - usually for fantasy stories I was writing. When I did get into the old Red Box D&D, I already had my own way of doing maps and never really got into the hex-grid way of doing things. Odd fact: years later, I was going to Full Sail University in Orlando, where Dave Arneson happened to be a teacher. I got to have lunch with him a few years before he passed, and he asked if there was one thing I could change about D&D, what would it be? I told him that I hated the map annotations - we both got a good laugh out of that.

I still hand draw all my maps, and I've never been very good at using computer art programs, but I am dedicated to this. I am launching into a new series, and I want the map to look good (I can only hope it looks half as good as some of the maps I've seen here). I am looking forward to a lot of mistakes and frustration, and hating the developers of GIMP, but I am going to stick with it.

Also, I like autumn, long walks on the beach, and giant robots with big guns that turn into vehicles (the exception are the mockeries Michael Bay paraded before the world). I have a wonderful wife, four amazing kids, and one insanely horny cat. I am a transplanted Alabama native that's lived about everywhere in the States, now residing in Newfoundland. Also, I prefer ninjas over pirates and cake totally kicks pie's butt. I read and write constantly, and I am constantly on the lookout for new authors.