Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H1: Keep on the Shadowfell

Map H1: Keep on the Shadowfell

I am finally ready to submit the final version of my map for keep on the shadowfell.

I started this map after I got a chance to play rpg again. I knew that there was ok maps already done. Both here and in the book. But I wanted to try and make my own style and I wanted to try and learn to make dungeons maps in photoshop. After a few reboots and test, I was ready to post the first snippet on 10-10-2010. After that I slowly worked my way toward the end. There was long periods where I did not work on the map for various reasons, but I was forced forward as the players advanced in the dungeon. So here we are today with Keep on the shadowfell Level 1, 2 and 3 done. I hope you will enjoy the maps as much as my players have done.

Done in: Photoshop cs 5. Plugins used: Filterforge
    Statues is done by a friend in Poser.

The maps should fit right into vtt's like Maptools (what I use). The grid is 50 pixel.

Extra:
    I promised in one of the first posts that I would give you all the png's of items and psd's.
    Below you will find the external links to all the psd's. All items are created by myself. (with the expection of the crystals in area 1

PSD:
    Main maps with all layers:

Main maps flatted with background color that can be dyed:

High Quality PNG:

You can find the objects I made here as psd: (look for the first folder "objects"
    http://platoon.dk/dnd.maps/shadowfell_done/

I will post an version of the map(s) with black bg and without doors later (for vtt)

The old WIP post is here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...Shadowfell-map
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keeplvl2background.jpg 
Views:	6487 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	37318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keeplvl1background.jpg 
Views:	6588 
Size:	848.5 KB 
ID:	37319  
    Last edited by cadric; 07-25-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: more info

These are fantastic, thanks so much for sharing. I'm sure that once word gets out, people are going to be hitting up this page as a free resource. In fact, do you mind if I post a link to it over at the Obsidian Portal forums (my other online home)? I'm sure the good peeps over there would love to take advantage of this.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

thanks. I do hope people will like the maps. And i dont mind if you tell and post about the maps.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    These are fantastic, thanks so much for sharing. I'm sure that once word gets out, people are going to be hitting up this page as a free resource. In fact, do you mind if I post a link to it over at the Obsidian Portal forums (my other online home)? I'm sure the good peeps over there would love to take advantage of this.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Adept

These are fantastic maps. Thanks for sharing

Yea Thanks the maps are awesome!!

Really nice, not much else to say. I've already played through the adventure myself, but I'd certainly point anyone I know wanting to run this module in maptool to these.

I was looking for a map like this to run in an adventure tomorrow... thanks, you saved my life

Hi there Cadric,

Would you be willing to release your maps royalty free (These ones, and the one at http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ight=dungeon)? I would love to be able to make use of these in a game and they are exactly the style i'm looking for.

If so please let me know the price.

Thanks

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

These are freakin' amazing, Great work.

The links are dead though, do you have them hosted anywhere else?

--Edit: Links are working now, thanks.
    Last edited by Dirk F. Dieters; 11-24-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Really great work! You have done an amazing job here.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast