Thread: Hello everybody, or as we say "Moin Moin"

Northern Germany watching ships disappear over the horizon

Default Hello everybody, or as we say "Moin Moin"

After being a lurker for a long time in this forum, I finally decided to say hello to all of you.

I´m very happy to be here and see all this beautiful maps and I really enjoy the friendly community here.

To tell you something of me, let`s start with the general Information.

I´m 30 years old and came from Northern Germany. A really beautiful and astonishing landscape which inspires me over and over again.
    I used to play roleplaying games for over 15 years and so I ended in working for an own fantasy campaign setting. And that´s why I´m here. I want to make maps, great maps, which invites players and readers of my work to play, to read and maybe to dream and work for this world.

So.... that`s for now. If my english sounds weird to you, please take my apologies.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Don't worry about your English, we have many German-speakers here, probably more than any other with French close behind. Welcome and have fun.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

northern Germany no wonder with the Moin then ... I've heard that from my familiy in South Denmark ... welcome to the guild, remember to check out our tutorials - great stuff in there ... and when you are ready - post your maps in a WIP thread for help and critique
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

Just to say to all the non english speaking members here that we have a map of members so that you can see your local country members. I think if more people would add their pin to the map then non native english speaking people would worry less about posting.

I very much like people to join in from strange lands since there is unusual geography there and sometimes different thoughts about topics.

The link to the map is in my signature or from the community menu at the top.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Na denn ma Moin!

Welcome and Willkommen. I'm looking forward to see some of your maps. Visiting the north a couple of times I totally agree with you that its landscape inspires one.

Gruß,
    -Moe
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

... Not that Germany is such a strange land, Redrobes ;-) ... I know what you mean though. I keep waiting for the cartographers from Narnia, from Barsoom, from Oz or Gondor. Your English is fine, by the way Altaineth. Please - capture some of that inspiring landscape in lines, and introduce it to us (or fantastic equivalents).

We speak English in Narnia, friend.