Thread: A very common coastal city

Default A very common coastal city

Hey mapmakers,

I already came here once in order to ask for a simple world map http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...156#post149156 and got exactly what I wanted and now as my world is progressing, i would also like to flesh-out a single city around which my fall campaign will revolve.

Again, I would ask if someone could put together a simple black-and-white, not complex, easy-to-edit-in-Paint map of a coastal town (port) (maybe something like this, but may be MUCH simpler: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-X2N7FCGffz...nople_map1.jpg)

with the following parts:

District of Bahamut (complex of temples)
    City garrison
    Temple of Boccob
    Temple of Correlon Larethian
    Temple of Moradin
    Parks: Fountain park, Park of Polozar, Par of Al Abdurin
    City theatre
    Naclein bank
    Main market
    Konsorcium – sort of town hall where leading merchant families meet
    The Red street
    Warehouse district guard headquarters
    Warehouse district
    Docks

City is supposed to have docks, some urban areas, old and new part (maye some old walls?) and a large complex of temples, dedicated to Bahamut outside of city, but I would really like to leave the shaping of this thing to whichever mapmaker enthusiast who feels like putting some time into making of this map.

Name of the City is Asfaja, its size ... about 100.000 inhabitants I guess and it is positioned on a coast, which changes into a desert-ish land the further inland you go.

Large and simple map is welcome.

Copyright - Well, It is a map for a d&d campaign. If author wants, his/her name/handle can be on the map, along with perhaps his online site, but I have no intention to use it for a commercial means.

Hi, I've moved this to the map making request forum and marked it 'unpaid' (which I assume is the case as your last request was the same). If not, please say and we'll change it.

best

Ravi.

Yup, that is all correct.

tnx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Been a long time gone, Constantinople. Why did Constantinople get the works? It's nobody's business but the Turks.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

@Ascension
    How about a simple, black-and-white city map, good sir? We can immortalize your work by naming something in my campaign by your choice. Or at least make it known to 3-4 PCs in my campaign for a couple of weeks

BTW: City should have sea on the southern side.

Not bad, good sir Want anything named after your choice?

The black complex in the south is the mentioned large temple complex? Thou, I am a bit unsure, where the docks and the port are suppose to be ... Thats the only thing I am missing here.

Verily indeed, I thank you, kind sirrah.

Yeah, the black buildings at the bottom are your temples. I scattered a few around the city for you to label as appropriate. You can draw more using ms paint. I've made the port/docks a little clearer for you (the bay).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coastal01.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	640.6 KB 
ID:	37349  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asfaja.png 
Views:	297 
Size:	630.0 KB 
ID:	37350
    Here is the final result. Any comments?

Which part of town/building would you like to have named and how? Or do we just make something like: "Ravells' cartographers" (map shoppe of course)