Thread: The World of Torgath WIP

Post The World of Torgath WIP

Like I promissed in my introduction here's a map of my D&D world I'm working on...

I've put it in low rez since it's still a work in progress thing and because of copyrights and the such...sorry

That's beautiful and a very individual style. I'd love to hear more about how you went about creating it. Especially the mountains and the forests...any chance of a close up of them?

lovely work, Arronis!

well thanks! Well I went the old ways by sketching out the continents on seperate sheets and scanned them in Photoshop CS3 then I found some nice brushes on DeviantArt.com by seaching for "old map brushes" I think and after that I improvised.

Here's a close up like you asked

Arronis, this is very, very impressive! A great map and a rather original style--hard combo to come by anywhere! I also really, really like your color choices; they work together exceedingly well. Wow. Great work.

How did you acheive the grid overlay? Was that an image you found or did you create the lines?

The close-up, unfortunately, loses a bit of the allure for me, for individually when seen closer the elements are at different blue levels and detail; these are not noticable from afar, though, so when finalizing the image I would keep the end product from zooming in too much and alerting viewers to this fact.

An awesomely impressive first map post! I look forward to seeing more from you and picking your brain for your input, too!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Blog Entries

Yes, Don has got it spot on really. Its a fabulous map at a larger scale. I particularly like that slate gray background and also the nice parchment effects too.

I haven't seen anyone ever use anchor points to signify moorings either and thats a nice touch.

You should post more when you are able.

wow guys thanks alot for the great comments! I didn't expect such impact for my map and I'm really glad you guys like it!

And about the grid: Yeah I did it by using the shape tool in Photoshop and used the line tool and voila!

I will try and post new maps every now and then when I'll be able too I promise!

Thanks again!