Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monks writing room - WIP

Here is a couple of variations, but they do not seem to turn out very well unfortunately...

Here is the latest update, it turned out quiet nice, although I will have to add a little bit o randomness to the stuff on the tables. I will need some more stuff as well, two bookcases and a table and a bookpress but after that we are done.

Great work! As for getting a hand-drawn appearance, what I did with my city map is I separated the lines onto a different layer and used Oilify in GIMP. I'm not sure what the similar tool in Photoshop would be, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    That looks great! As you say, a bit of randomness for the stuff on the tables and I think you're there!
    Thanks, I will push out some more furniture on it and post it, we shall se how it ends. It would be interesting to hear from you on how you think I could go about taking the map to the proverbial next level so to speak... Scale is one obvious route (more than one room would be a good start I assume . Any other?

Regards,
    Tony Meijer.

Quote Originally Posted by Subcreator View Post
    Great work! As for getting a hand-drawn appearance, what I did with my city map is I separated the lines onto a different layer and used Oilify in GIMP. I'm not sure what the similar tool in Photoshop would be, though.
    Hmm, does it work well quality wise? Is it easy to put warps along crumbled parts in the paper?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12