Thread: russian palace

Post russian palace

I've got another tricky one here. I can probably piece something togather, but if someone has something already I'd like to give it a go.

The party is traveling in renisance russia, and going to a city roughly equivalent of St. Petersburg. While there, they'll be trying to get into and under the regional ruler's palace. A fair ways under the palace, there's a dragon kept magically asleep. For some reason, they want to wake it up. They've also got some intrige to deal with in the palace itself.

I don't know much about russian architechture, especially from the 1600's, so if anyone has a palace they'd like to throw at me, I'd appreciate it. Or a smallish dungeon with room to bind a dragon and not have anyone know about it.

For those who play 7th sea, this is in Sousdal.

Peter the Great came around in the 1700s and I believe St Petersburg and the Russian renaissance was his crazy idea.
    If I remember correctly, back in the 1600s, the Russians were building wooden palaces/castles.

Google led me to www.skypalace.org/map.shtml. It has some photos of Russian architecture (mostly churches), which might give you a feel for what their buildings are like.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've no idea about russian architecture - my father in law would probably know which books to read, but he's not on hand at the moment. Try googling and going to the library if you want something really real... however - personally - I'd just throw in a normal floorplan of a castle/palace and just tell the players that it looks russian - I bet the wont' think twice about the floorplans and if they fit - they'll have onion domes on their mind and make the floorplan russian as well. Especially if you furnish their fantasy with some russian dressings - you can always throw a picture or drawing of some russian style furnishings and a palace in there for extra inspiration.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks. I'll take a look.