Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July/August 2011 Lite Challenge Entry: Underdark Series - Hidden School of the Arcane

Post July/August 2011 Lite Challenge Entry: Underdark Series - Hidden School of the Arcane

This is my first challenge so lets try and keep the laughing down...

Since I am starting to create underground maps in another thread I decided to combine that goal with this challenge for a new map. I still have tons of work to do but can at least see the direction headed at this point.

Thanks

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Underdark Series - Arcane School Map WIP1.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	37457

I think it looks bloody brilliant. My only thing would be too make the chasm less hard and fade it out a bit more to make it bigger. And, maybe working on the chasm walls a bit more? I realize this is still being made though so you might Already be doing these things.

Quote Originally Posted by eViLe_eAgLe View Post
    My only thing would be too make the chasm less hard and fade it out a bit more to make it bigger. And, maybe working on the chasm walls a bit more? I realize this is still being made though so you might Already be doing these things.
    Yeah, I have spent zero time putting shadows and such into the map, up until this point the map was a mess and only looked good in my head thinking "hopefully this will end up with what I want to see". So nothing is done, everything is just finally getting outlined. Currently working on the small water source and aqueduct.

Thanks for the input

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

good start - I'm guessing doors will come next - and that small mouse tunnel will be expanded or deleted?... or just put a trap in front of it

a congrats on your first challenge entry - always nice to see more people participate
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Journeyer

The small tunnels are the aqueducts I presume.
    I am a geology nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    good start - I'm guessing doors will come next - and that small mouse tunnel will be expanded or deleted?... or just put a trap in front of it

a congrats on your first challenge entry - always nice to see more people participate
    As someone pointed out the small tunnel is just the framework for the aqueduct, the water is started so can be seen in the next WIP today.

All doors and such still are to come, not so sure if I am participating as good as some of the other maps look but I am entering..

Started working on the rift shading to give it some depth and the small underground water source. I will probably be touching both through out the process until I am happy or make myself leave them alone.

Finished up the last of the interior walls, so next will be doors and the windows in the one room and then I can start working on the wall sections where things are patched together a bit roughly. Also thinking of adding columns along the two 30 feet hallways but will see how it looks, then comes objects to make each room feel unique.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Underdark Series - Arcane School Map WIP2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	37474

Now I think it is time to start putting some flavor and detail into the rooms.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Underdark Series - Arcane School Map WIP3.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	37497
    Last edited by Vascant; 08-02-2011 at 03:27 PM.

I didn't get as much time I as desired because my wife decided to be sick today but oh well, maybe some more tomorrow.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Underdark Series - Arcane School Map WIP5.jpg 
Views:	111 
ID:	37527
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Underdark Series - Arcane School Map WIP4.jpg 
Views:	45 
ID:	37526  
    Last edited by Vascant; 08-03-2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Updated WIP

I didn't get as much time I as desired because my wife decided to be sick today but oh well, maybe some more tomorrow.

Not sure what is going on with my posting, probably just user error.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Underdark Series - Arcane School Map WIP5.jpg 
Views:	111 
ID:	37527

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast