Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demera

Default Demera

The capital of Kamîrush, an egypt-like country from Alvarania (german website)

The city was built on a low hill near the river. Additionally a man-made wall behind the port protects the city from floods.
    The inner ring contains the palace of the beloved Queen Dilshad and houses of the upper class. All temples are built in a way which makes them belong to the inner as well as to the outer circle. The free space to the south-east of the inner circle is a fairground, the western quarter of the town is where the dead are kept in houses like the ones of the living people.

Demeras economy depends on huge salt mines north of the town. Most of the buildings outside of the outer wall are homes of the mine workers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	demera08.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	600.6 KB 
ID:	37459

WIP-Thread - a big 'Thank you' again at this place for helping me

credits:
    Papyrus (map key): stayka
    other textures (river, overlay, desert, fields): coyotemax
    Fantastische Kartographie - illustrations & maps by Schattenherz | DeviantArt | Drachenblut - german RPG board & world

Wow, beautiful!

Well done, glad to see it come together like this!
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Nicely done. One of the better city maps I've seen in a while.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Very good job - Deserves some rep!
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenherz View Post
    ...the western quarter of the town is where the dead are kept in houses like the ones of the living people.
    I'd like to know more about the quarter of the dead - what do you mean by the dead are kept in houses?

>Moe

This is beautiful. What program did you use to make it?

Photoshop I believe. Since that is the only one listed on his software.

@Moe: The dead are embalmed or burnt (depending on their social status) and put into the houses of the quarter of the dead, which are furnished similiar to the ones of the living. Most of the richer families own such a house. On special days in the year the living visit the dead and involve them in their celebrations. Sometimes the living also visit their dead ancestors or family members to talk to them or consult them upon desicions etc.

@Subcreator: Yes, I used Photoshop.

Thank you all!
    Fantastische Kartographie - illustrations & maps by Schattenherz | DeviantArt | Drachenblut - german RPG board & world

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenherz View Post
    @Moe: The dead are embalmed or burnt (depending on their social status) and put into the houses of the quarter of the dead, which are furnished similiar to the ones of the living. Most of the richer families own such a house. On special days in the year the living visit the dead and involve them in their celebrations. Sometimes the living also visit their dead ancestors or family members to talk to them or consult them upon desicions etc.
    Interesting idea - thanks for the explanation. I hope for you and the Demerans (?) that this quarter will not grow endlessly as it has to offer more space for the dead until it covers the whole beauty of the map ;-)

>Moe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast