Thread: Area map for Shadowlands campaign setting...

Default Area map for Shadowlands campaign setting...

Hi all,
    Haven't been around much lately thanks to a real-life meltdown of sorts. I've finally finished this area map for BlackStar Studios' Shadowlands campaign setting (Facebook: BlackStar Studios and Twitter: @BlackStarGames). If I remember I'll look up the WiP thread and post a link to it here. Hope you like it.

...and, I hope I'll be posting more frequently in the coming months. I missed this place.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Area-map---Final.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	37471  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks good Mearrin, my only nitpick is that some of the smaller text is a bit difficult to read.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks...and that's a good nitpick, actually. I still have some difficulty deciding proper font sizes on these sorts of maps. I personally like maps without labels but without them they're not much use! Guess I like "art" better than proper cartography.
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think the problem is that the letters of the font are quite thin. So even with the stroke around them the smaller sizes tend to bleed/blend into the background.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, I've found that my typefaces have started going to bold for my commercial work. I also prefer mine without the labels, but that's an occupational hazard. Lovely work by the way, you've done a great job creating atmosphere in this piece.

The texture work is lovely! Definitely a piece to be proud of.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks, guys! Hopefully I'll have the accompanying Tarina city map done shortly as well...it has been a plague on my house since I undertook it.
    M

The water is fantastic. I love the shorelines.

Agree with the above, very fine work mearrin. Glad you are back to thumping it down
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt