Thread: The Resplendant

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip The Resplendant

I've been reading a lot of the Halo books and I've got a bunch of friends over at DA that do large ship models, and I wanted to take a stab at it myself...in my VERY limited amount of free time. I'm thinking about running a Sci-Fi game, and am in the process of selecting a gaming system and am going to be developing a campaign "universe" myself. Starting with this ship...The Resplendant. Thats all I have for a name so far, and of course, I'll be detailing this low-poly model and eventually doing a deck-plan.

But, maybe you guys can help me pick a game system. I want to focus on exploration, conflict with xenophobic alien species, and epic interstellar plot developments. I am shying away from rule-based ship combat, and am wanting to focus on party combat and let ship captains (which the players will not be at least at the start) do all the ship combat when it is needed with possibly the players performing other roles such as fending off boarders and whatnot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Resplendant.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	2524  
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Oh, this rocks! Finally, some ships to look at. I was going to put up my old converted Solar Union Artemis-class destroyer, but at some point the file got corrupted(?!?). One whole side looks stove in. If I ever get off my lazy, I should be able to cut it in half and use symmetry to rebuild it. Better than before. Faster. Stronger. More watertight.

Nice looking design, Robbie. I'd suggest Classic Traveller as a rule system. It's pretty straight forward and gives you a universe with all of the ingredients you set out. You can buy a CD Rom of all the classic traveller stuff for about US$30 and there is a hell of a lot in there - I believe in excess of 800 pages of printed material. To play Traveller, you only need to read the first 5 or so booklets.

Traveller comes in it's own universe, but it will easily adapt to a home brew universe as well.