Thread: New Map Pack - One Dollar Dungeons: Paladin's Secluded Citadel

Default New Map Pack - One Dollar Dungeons: Paladin's Secluded Citadel

Thought I would go ahead and post again about my newest One Dollar Dungeon! This is #7: the second-to-last in the series. This time we have Paladin's Secluded Citadel. Since I'd already done a traditional cathedral for the Cleric, I thought I'd do something a little different this time. So, we have a onion-domed, Arabian Nights style building in the desert--the perfect location for a crusader! Here are some sample images and the copy:

One Dollar Dungeon: Paladin's Secluded Citadel

Is this the starting point for your Paladin’s crusade, or will it be the bloody ending? Have you come to spread your god’s message in a foreign land, or are you defending against the savage heathen invaders? Will this sanctuary that’s stood in the desert for generations serve as a base for your new mission? With D20 Cartographer, the story is in your hands!

Paladin’s Secluded Citadel is the seventh in a series of One Dollar Dungeon maps, which represent convenient starting locations or class-specific adventure locals for each traditional RPG character class. Paladin’s Secluded Citadel is an onion-domed fort in the desert with an Arabian Nights flavor: a perfect setting for crusaders! Three stories tall and a rooftop level, the citadel fort is mapped out in typical 1 in. = 5 ft. map format.

Included for your convenience are several different formats including:

• Full color map in a single .jpg (versions with and without grid)
    • High contrast black and white map in a single .jpg (great for printing on parchment textured paper)
    • PDF of the sliced images for your home printer, compatible with US Letter and A4 size paper

D20 Cartographer also supports Virtual Table Top systems and includes:

• 100DPI gridless .jpg maps with objects removed
    • An object file folder with over 18 new .png objects for private reuse in other maps
    • A MapTools .rpmap VTT file with vision blocking and objects set up for you. The Maptools file requires version 1.3b84 or higher to work.

There you go! Feel free to check out the RPGNow page and take a look at the Flash preview at the bottom. I've also attached the sample pages from the readme pdf so you can take a look here. As always, I welcome your feedback and reviews!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paladin's Citadel Sample.jpg 
Views:	555 
Size:	283.6 KB 
ID:	37475  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very, very nice.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It's been a couple of years since I spend some nights with my D&D group - but honestly if the weren't 10.000km between us now I'd buy the map immediately, call the guys and start!
    gorgeous!

>Moe
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    but honestly if the weren't 10.000km between us now I'd buy the map immediately, call the guys and start!
    gorgeous!

>Moe
    There are plenty of VTT's out there. Some for pay(Battlegrounds, ViewingDale(made by our won RedRobes!), FantasyGrounds, etc... as well as several free ones:OpenRPG, MapTool, etc...

FYI, I happen to do some occasional development work on MapTool and am quite active in their forums... Battlegrounds owner, Heruca, has complied a fairly comprehensive list on his site(may be out of date)... as well as a comparison chart of some of the more used VTT's.

EDIT: oh.. on another note, it also depends greatly on your users OSes... if you have users running Mac and/or Linux, that narrows the available field by quite a bit. Also.. most but not all of VTT's require some type of router configuration.. so whoever hosts(typically the GM) the game would need to be able to work through that(but not all VTT's require it though.)
    Last edited by jfrazierjr; 08-02-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wow RE, that is just gorgeous. I really like the way you show the lower levels when the focus is on one of the upper ones. If I was using VTTs (which I keep thinking I will try one of these days) I would feel like I was getting a steal buying this for one dollar.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Ravells - Thank you, kind sir! I love your new avatar, by the way!

Steel General - Thanks my man! I am pumped that this "One dollar" series is nearing an end. I have some big plans for other stuff...

Moe - Well then thanks for the vote of confidence, if not the sale! Jfrazierjr is indeed right: playing over the internet is a lot easier these days than it once was! If you got skype and a VTT program, you're set. Heck, I know some people who prefer playing online.

Jaxilion - thanks a bunch! I have been playing with the idea of starting up a group with some of my friends back home too. Maptool is pretty awesome in that it really can just funtion as a big ol' table that you can drop things onto. The macro stuff seems pretty darn complex to a layman like me, but you don't really need to use any--it just gives the option of automating a lot of stuff if you're savvy enough. I do kinda wish there were some kind of option you could click to have everything set itself up for, say, 3.5 or 4.0 edition and automate everything automatically. You know, like Fantasy Grounds but free.

I would want Gurps but for all I know there are issues with setting up anything that actually uses the rules from a copy protected system.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Beautiful maps!
    Blog: Too much game lore? | Diablo 3 guest passes
    Riftforge: (WIP) Map of Rift Isle, protected by elite raiders ( Play now }