Thread: Unnamed Commission

Map Unnamed Commission

A while back I began working on a commission for a client who wanted me to create an alternate version of a map he was using as the basis of a novel (the WIP thread can be found here). This is actually only a small mock up of what the final piece will look like, but since the client has not yet finished, much less published his novel, I decided not to release the actual final map for the time being. The client hasn't yet named the geographical region depicted by the map (hence the "unnamed" commission). Another quirk is the dessert in the northern section of the world. This oddly placed feature is the result of some arcane catastrophe.

That height map was done in GIMP, with erosion and rivers added in Wilbur. Coloring and most labeling were done in GIMP as well (though the curved text was done in Inkscape).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ivan's Test Map Final.jpg 
Views:	588 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	37503  

Yes.. Amazing indeed. One thing about the continent though.. It looks like its trapped inside of a box.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

It's hard to think outside the box when they won't let us out of it

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by eViLe_eAgLe View Post
    Yes.. Amazing indeed. One thing about the continent though.. It looks like its trapped inside of a box.
    Ha! Yeah I can see what you mean. Course I didn't create the shape of the land masses though: I was working from a preexisting map that my client simply wanted an alternate version of.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Great map arsheesh; I always enjoy seeing your name pop up on new posts - it lets me know that something awesome this way cometh

Thanks blkstone1, kind of you to say!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh