Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] - Bordovilla

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

One thing I did notice is that your bridge isn't casting a shadow. No big deal, just wanted to point it out.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    One thing I did notice is that your bridge isn't casting a shadow. No big deal, just wanted to point it out.
    Vampire Bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Vampire Bridge?
    ROFL... you crack me up....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Vampire Bridge?
    Does it go away during daylight? That would be inconvenient for traders...
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Guild Apprentice

rotfl! Love the vampire bridges idea!
    anyway, they are little more than placeholders atm... my main concern is on the functionality side, as they *should* be lifted... but they are WAY too long compared to the houses... being my first city map (and second overall) I still have big issues dealing with the scales lol

Guild Apprentice

Changed and added a bunch of things:

- South there is a very big tannery. That one is famous and produce some of the finest leathers and export all over the reign and beyond... one little drawback is the sewage water it produces. More toward the west there is the main warehouse with a pier. Notice the little telepheric to bring goods up and down the cliff. The main road was paved by the tannery owner and it stretches out to reach his big manor right above the hill.
    He was basically the undisputed master of this town and his surroundings until some time ago. Attacks by goblins, trolls etc from the north were growing bigger and more frequent and people started to leave the region. The Tannery owner asked for some help to the King, hoping he'll send some soldiers, but the King decided to appoint a new Baron, after a lot of time and leave the issue to him.
    The new Baron rebuild the manor, adding a new wall and started building a huge maw and palisade around the town. To convince the people not to leave, he reduced taxes heavily to the poorest one, becoming a hero for them... but maybe he will soon discover that Trolls would be the least of his problems in the future...

Sorry for my english
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bordovilla_tannery.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	37878

Very cool! I love all the detail you put into it. Maybe you could try to lower the saturation of the water a bit? It looks too blue to my eye...
    Fantastische Kartographie - illustrations & maps by Schattenherz | DeviantArt | Drachenblut - german RPG board & world

Guild Apprentice

Worked quite a lot on this one!

Remade all the trees and forest as I was not satisfied, way better now in my opinion.
    Changed saturation etc on all the water as per Shatternherz suggestion
    Added the fisherman's house etc on the little island (it's not really a simple fisherman as you can see by the lavishing house... where do he get all those richness?
    A huge amount of try and error gone into the southern fields, but now I'm quite satisfied and the final method is not too time consuming (excluding all the trying ). The original houses and farms are now abandoned and ruined as the continuous trolls' attacks during the last time convinced the farmers to make a small, fenced village to better defend themselves.
    The map is almost done... I really need C&C now

Name:	Bordovilla_north.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	4.19 MB 
ID:	38009

Name:	Bordovilla_south.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	3.69 MB 
ID:	38008
    Last edited by NatroN; 08-23-2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: flipped the maps :P

Well done! I like it Are you planning to put something within the empty walls on the island?

>Moe
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

Almost looks like a satellite photo. Awesome work. Re-coloring the water helped a lot.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast