Ok... so this is really me asking if anyone has any tips on how they set up GIMP. I am thinking about things like key/tablet keybindings for tools/brush size/ etc. Also, what about palettes, do you guys make a pallet for each map or have a few go-to palettes that you reuse over and over(and are they core or custom ones you made/found). The same question for palettes also goes for gradients...

So the above questions are for setup. What about any ideas for speeding up map making in general. I am thinking about things such as textures for grasslands, patterns for grasslands/desserts/plains ,etc. Do you guys do this type of thing. For example, here I have a single solid color for the "grass" color(look at the end). I then moved it here, used a different base color and then added several layers on top to come up with a slightly varied coloration. So the question for those who do hand drawn maps is do you do each 100% from scratch or as I am considering created a pattern to speed stuff like this up?