Thread: Storn's various maps thread

Default Storn's various maps thread

I don't do maps often, and often, they are just serviceable. But I think I have some small skill at doing it, as I am a professional artist with a long history of RPG art. But for my own games, since I don't get paid to do artwork, either illustrations or maps, I just toss together whatever I can in a fairly sketchy way.

Right now, I'm doing a sword and sorcery campaign online using Legends of Anglerre.

Here are some of the maps I've done for this campaign so far...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ahaan map72.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	266.4 KB 
ID:	37581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sea Cave.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	37582Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eldritch Empire 01.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	482.0 KB 
ID:	37583Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Delleb Temple.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	37584

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks great storn - really love the first city ... concerning your area map you have a few river violations but easily fixed. Just remember, rivers don't split - they only join up and always take the easiest road to the sea ... but looking good though

and congrats on your first post and upload - have some rep with my +11 longsword of cool repping
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I really like the City of Ahaan one too. I'd love to see a colour version of it as the perspective offers lots of possibilities to set mood and things. The other city is also pretty cool.

Blog Entries

Storn, as in Cook !??!! Great to see you here. I love the characters you do - and catspaw.

Your maps are looking great too. They have a similar style to Djekspeks or maybe "crazy reds" in that 3D hand drawn style which has been real popular over here. You can check out the maps from those guys if you feel the need. I'm gonna be interested to see more maps from your campaign gaming.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I love the map of Ahaan, it gives a good sense of the city even without the detail. As it's an online campaign - are these maps seen by the players too, or are they just personal reference?

RR: Thanks for blowing his cover I just spent an enjoyable 20 mins leafing through his website. Great stuff!

Blog Entries

Sorry if cover was hoped for. Yeah Storns thread is one of the long time runners on enworld.

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    I love the map of Ahaan, it gives a good sense of the city even without the detail. As it's an online campaign - are these maps seen by the players too, or are they just personal reference?

RR: Thanks for blowing his cover I just spent an enjoyable 20 mins leafing through his website. Great stuff!
    Yup, players see them too. No worries about cover. I thrive on exposure. Literally. It is how I make a living. But these are just fun ones.

As for the river split comment 2nd post, oops. I gotta watch that in the future. I was really pressed for time on that one and it still doesn't feel full or finished. But as we play, I get to add onto it.

Here is another quickie map. This is after a sandstorm in the desert mystically transports them to a mysterious valley with giant crystal spires, downtrodden ape men, beautiful women and an oppressive evil sorcerer who lords over them all in his perfect, private little kingdom.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6099186791_0568b923a8_b.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	38179

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nice little map (with correct rivers *lol*) and who doesn't love a giant crystal spire climbing evil sorceror oppressed beautiful woman carrying ape man
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    nice little map (with correct rivers *lol*) and who doesn't love a giant crystal spire climbing evil sorceror oppressed beautiful woman carrying ape man
    I know!? It is for a sword and sorcery game and I really did pull out all the stops... I mean, tropes, of the genre.

If anyone is interested in actual play reports, this was our 12 episode and I've got a thread on RPGnet here: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?...a-Dying-Empire

Using Legends of Anglerre (FATE) as a ruleset and an expanded map and world setting from Jaws of the Six Serpents.