Thread: Salutations!

Default Salutations!

Hey everyone,

The first thing I have to say is that I am absolutely blown away by the skill of members here. A lot of the maps I have thus far viewed are mind boggling.

As for me, I have been a Writer for a very long time so have finally decided that producing some good maps would help me bring some of the worlds i have created (in my head) come to life. My present form of map creation involves using colored markers for various terrain features on whatever pieces of paper I can find. These 'maps' are the equivalent of what my attempt at drawing is like: you can produce the Madonna, I produce the stick-figure equivalent.

At any rate, I am starting to become a little more familiar with CS5 (Layering is quite useful for just about everything!) though am by no means 'fluent' with CS5. I also grabbed a copy of the ProFantasy Software mentioned on this site (at the least CC3) as it looks quite good itself. I have no idea how to use it though and shall most likely be spending most of my time doing the tutorials found on this site.

-Silvestine

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome, Silvestine!
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

Thanks for the welcome, folks! About to start making my first map following one of the tutorials!

Guild Journeyer MadCartographer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silvestine View Post
    Hey everyone,

The first thing I have to say is that I am absolutely blown away by the skill of members here. A lot of the maps I have thus far viewed are mind boggling.

As for me, I have been a Writer for a very long time so have finally decided that producing some good maps would help me bring some of the worlds i have created (in my head) come to life. My present form of map creation involves using colored markers for various terrain features on whatever pieces of paper I can find. These 'maps' are the equivalent of what my attempt at drawing is like: you can produce the Madonna, I produce the stick-figure equivalent.

At any rate, I am starting to become a little more familiar with CS5 (Layering is quite useful for just about everything!) though am by no means 'fluent' with CS5. I also grabbed a copy of the ProFantasy Software mentioned on this site (at the least CC3) as it looks quite good itself. I have no idea how to use it though and shall most likely be spending most of my time doing the tutorials found on this site.

-Silvestine
    Check out UTube for tuts on CC3 or CC2. I found lots of them.

Oh, and welcome!
    _________
    User of:
    CC2 & CC3, FT Pro Exclusively.
    If it's ProFantasy, I'm using it.