Thread: 'Blood Tide' Maps - Triple Ace Games

Professional Artist Justin Raven's Avatar

Post 'Blood Tide' Maps - Triple Ace Games

Hey, folks, here are a set of maps I made for Triple Ace Game's adventure, 'Blood Tide'. They are all hand drawn, ink washes and line work, with both brush and crow quill pen and Speedball: Super Black India Ink. This was a largely unexplored technique for me. At least, in this kind of rendering. It was lots of fun.

If any of you are interested in Savage Worlds material, or a sweet Anglo Saxon and Northern European fantasy setting, Hellfrost is awesome. Visit www.tripleacegames.com for any details about the materials.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map A.jpg 
Views:	907 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	37658
    The first map is a town map of Byhaven, where the majourity of the adventure takes place.

Name:	Map D 3d.jpg 
Views:	840 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	37659
    The second map is a 3d map of the ruined underwater temple where the demon shark, Carchoroth (I think that was his name), was to be summoned out of an ancient pit/well. This map was interesting. I was pressed for time and did not make the proper perspective grid. So, some of the buildings are not sitting on the same plane as the rest Oh,well. Live and learn. I should have taken the time to map it all out. I felt very unprofessional after this map.

Name:	Map D.jpg 
Views:	690 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	37660
    The third map is an aerial view of the ruined city's temple complex (as illustrated in the 3d map).

I would have posted these in the 'Finished Maps' section, but these are not really my property and TAG would be ****ed if they saw their maps as clip art, somewhere I CAN, however, show them, and use them for my own promotional purposes. Those guys are pretty loose about that kind of thing. Well, enjoy!
    Last edited by Justin Raven; 08-09-2011 at 10:00 AM.
    'Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm delighted to say I have no grasp of it, whatsoever.'

~ Baron Munchausen

Gamers, need an illustration? I am now open for commissions. Please visit me on Facebook, or send me an email to: epicwerkesstudio@gmail.com.

Epic Werkes on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Epi...19899774705847

Patreon: www.patreon.com/random_encounters

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

For a largely unexplored technique, they turned out really nice I think.