Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Challenge voting process discussion

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Wip Monthly Challenge voting process discussion

[This thread has been copied & split from the March Monthly Challenge, so we can discuss the issue of our challenge voting process without threadjacking del's March entry! --Pyrandon]
    Last edited by pyrandon; 03-08-2008 at 08:36 PM.

I think the challenge of this month is to not be the only one who didn't participate, cause most if not all of us are (or have been) gamer at some stage of our lives.

Even If you just do like Timmy boy (13 years old ) and scrap a map on paper in less than 24 hours work, it will still be great.

It should be fun to get more then 30 participants instead of 30 votes this month.

Just my 2 cents,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Post My hope is there will be enough voters...

Its seems with every challenge there only about 20 to 30 votes in total, usually less. Since we have seem to have 13 or 14 participants this month, I wonder how many of these are actual voters (perhaps most of them).

My only fear is that we'll have 20 participants in the end and only a half dozen voters beyond the participants who are voters themselves.

There's got to be a way to compell more members to vote on the challenge - like the convincing them its their duty to vote, not just a right!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree GP...and I'm glad del read the rules, because even though I wrote them I posted my intention thread without an image...so someone slap my hand please.

As for voting...I dunno...I'll look into some stuff...soon as I get back from San Diego.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

I reckon that you should not be able to vote for yourself and then you would have to pick one of the others and then there would be a clearer majority. I was wondering the same as gamerprinter (but I guess recently we must have all thought this) that theres going to be a 37 way tie of 1 vote each if this keeps up ! This is going to be a hard month to vote on. I might make an overview page of all the entries - its hard keeping up with all of them now.

Could it be possible to put a kind of obligation page? During those 5 days of vote, when you login, it should bring you to the vote page and let you see the rest of the site after you take your vote.

Maybe that kind Of Dictator is what it takes.

May the Dictatorial vote week be enforced!

HA HA Ha ha ha h a h a a ...

Sry, got mix-up with RobA lack of sleep

Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

But how do we determine if someone has voted for their own? Can Community Leaders see that sort of stuff?
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

That is one of the 2 reasons I chose to tell for who I vote. The second reason being to say why I chose him (her).

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I'm not sure how this board's admin functions work, but if you can't put the voting page as the next page after a login, can't you set a large header above the forums... big enough that you can't miss it... that would link them to the voting thread... EZboard had something like this... but then, this isn't ezboard is it??

Also, do the Admins have access to emailing the boards members, or at the very least the boards active members in sort of a mass monthly email reminder that voting time has approached and that it would behoove them to stop by and vote before a demon-prince of the ninth circle of hades appear and turn them into something less than desirable.... or, another way is a nice friendly reminder that voting time is here and would they please stop by, because every vote counts and that we love and miss them terribly.

Another abstract thought is that everyone that votes gains something like a rep. point or equivalent reward. (SERVICE GUARANTEES CITENZSHIP!) I dunno, maybe even a title that signifies that number of times voted and a ranking system that gives more prestige among the community for the higher number of times voted....

I don't think you should get to vote for yourself either, and that is a valid answser to my previous question in another thread as to why one would say who they voted for (and why) ...

OK... that's probably enough feedback for one post, don't ya think?

Del

Addendum -- another thought on the emailing members, perhaps one of the admins could keep their own list of members emails that each member volunteers to give so that they can mail them when voting time arrives (and possibly some key important announcemnts)... something to that effect...

Post Good idea!

1 rep for 1 vote - that's a very good idea!

Even if the forum doesn't use it - I gave you rep for thinking of it.

Even the least participating members of the boards can gain rep just for participating in the vote each month for 12 possible points a year, that is certainly worth something.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast