Thread: Hello

Post Hello

Hi everyone,

I think I have created worlds and maps for as long as I can remember. I just can’t help it but I happen to love maps. Most of my worlds aren’t more than a piece of paper with a half finished continent or maybe only an abstract idea in my mind. Usually my maps are drawn by hand, scanned and edited a bit in Photoshop.

Last week that procedure changed. I discovered CC3 and couldn’t help myself from instantly buying the software, the annuals and the fantasy floor pans. So far I’ve just played around with it trying some different tools and symbols. I must say it feels very promising and a bit like cheating. Suddenly I can make maps in no time at all. Which suits me well with two kids hanging around pocking for attention.

Well then I discovered this brilliant site and decided to join. And I must say that the work I found here is nothing but astonishing. I’ll see If I ever dare publish anything I’ve done myself. But I guess I have to, It’s not very polite to only leech…is it?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Greetings and welcome Clercon, glad to have you. I never put any of my maps up anywhere else before I got here... you'll find it easier than you think, each map you put up will produce a string of advice and input that will make you a better mapper.... So don't be shy, let us see what ya got

Del

Hi Clercon and welcome to the Guild! I'm glad to see that you have discovered CC3 - from all that I've heard and seen it's a great mapping tool in the right hands, although don't forget, you can always touch up your CC3 maps in photoshop too for that 'individual' feel - for to my mind the greatest strength of CC symbols (ease of use) is also its greatest weakness (uniform looking maps) - if you're not careful!

Do post up your maps. If you need CC3 help, there are lots of experts here who would be only to glad to give you guidance.

Clercon, I curse you forevermore with maps-of-incorrectnedness (?) if you refuse to post your maps. We don't care if they are the worst, most bizarre-looking maps known to man, post 'em! If you don't want comments, just say you are sharing in your post--but I hope you do ask for help, especially from our avid, awesome CC users! They really can help you in amazing ways!

Welcome to the Guild!!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
    Clercon, I curse you forevermore with maps-of-incorrectnedness (?) if you refuse to post your maps. We don't care if they are the worst, most bizarre-looking maps known to man, post 'em! If you don't want comments, just say you are sharing in your post--but I hope you do ask for help, especially from our avid, awesome CC users! They really can help you in amazing ways!

Welcome to the Guild!!
    Well I'm glad I've already posted one so I don't need to be cursed :-)
    Of course I will continue with posting. Hopefully I can be as skilled as you others in the end.

Welcome to the group.

Post up them CC3 maps, and I we can help, we will!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Howdy Clercon!

If I might be so bold, why don't you take CC3 and the fantasy floor plans mod, and enter into the monthly challenge?! It would be great opportunity to play with some technical skills and learn the program a bit more...

-Rob A>