Thread: Anglass & The Free City of Oster

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Map Anglass & The Free City of Oster

Well now, this is my first proper post here.

So I present my first map, part of a much wider setting, The city states of the Confederation of Anglass and the Free City of Oster. The map isn't perfect by any means, but will suffice for now (checkerboard pattern wasn't used so pattern is mismatched at the corners). The region is a semi-Germanic (with bits of Dutch thrown in) that has locations named after the forgotten relics of fallen empires that once sprawled across the world, and others named in the local Germanic style.

I got a lot of really useful info from the Ascension and RobA tutorials and the trees tutorials from Arsheesh and Midgardsormer. Midgardsormer's one was extremely helpful, found here for advice on how to get trees bended into topography. Grand applause to you all for your fine work. Of course, inspiration goes to Tear for his Westeros Fan Map.

The heraldry was created using this online java tool

Once again, many thanks to everyone. This map took me almost a month to create, haphazardly testing each technique, but the next one will be quicker!

Over and out,

Kevin

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hi kevymca,
    welcome to the guild - and congrats on your first post, it looks really good ... for future reference please use the image uploader in the guild to show your maps, that way if the 3rd party site is down or closed we'll still have access to your pic here in the guild
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Trees turned out fantastic! I'm in the process of revising and updating the Trees tut so I'll have to have a look at Midgardsormer's tut as well. Great job, and welcome to the Guild.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh