Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Kingdom of Aedirn (Local Map

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Map Kingdom of Aedirn (Local Map

    I decided to buckle down and make a local map of the Kingdom of Aedirn, a world slowly being constructed in my current Pathfinder game. Done solely in Photoshop CS5 and, with the help of StarRaven's excellent brush set that mimic my own hand-drawn style so closely, here it is...

    http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...3nt/Aedirn.jpg

    Also my first post after almost a year of being registered here lol.

  2. #2

    Default

    Well glad you decided to delurk and share your work with us, it is quite lovely! Look forward to seeing more of it in the future... hopefully in less than another year from now.

    Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Well glad you decided to delurk and share your work with us, it is quite lovely! Look forward to seeing more of it in the future... hopefully in less than another year from now.

    Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you!

    I definitely plan on being more active and showing off my works. This campaign should cover quite a large area when it is all said and done and I'll be mapping it all and hopefully picking up more tricks as I go but we will see, the Navy eats up a lot of my time.

  4. #4
    Guild Journeyer Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ludwigshafen, Germany
    Posts
    179

    Default

    That's a pretty cool style - I like how the stroke around the captions uses the colours of the underlaying land.

    >Moe
    If I stare at the country long enough
    I can prise it off the paper,
    lift it like a flap of skin.
    - Moniza Alvi, 1993 -

  5. #5
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Charles, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    8,327

    Default

    Pretty nice, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)


    My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

  6. #6
    Community Leader jfrazierjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, NC USA
    Posts
    2,963

    Default

    Good stuff... SR's brushes are really nice for a quick map and your coloring has really made it stand out. One suggestion would be to lower the size of the swamps since they are as large as the forest brushes..
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Good stuff... SR's brushes are really nice for a quick map and your coloring has really made it stand out. One suggestion would be to lower the size of the swamps since they are as large as the forest brushes..
    Yeah I was looking at that this morning and thought it looked odd. Thanks for all your replies guys!

  8. #8
    Guild Expert jbgibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    First post, has a map, hmmmm, let's take a look. Whoa - may be first post but that's NOT a first map - very nicely done, pr1est!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
    First post, has a map, hmmmm, let's take a look. Whoa - may be first post but that's NOT a first map - very nicely done, pr1est!
    Thank you thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •