Thread: Small Highway Town

Question Small Highway Town

First time poster so bear with me.

I'm planning on making a map of a small town that use to be a tourists/truck stop but since the creation of the Interstate it has since withered, like what happened to some towns along the Route 66. Are there any places like that someone can reference me? Also I want it to have a relatively convincing outdoor shopping center (not a mall but a place were people walk outside between stores).

Kinda specific I know. So to recap: I need a reference to some small highway towns around the world, and some links/references to outdoor shopping malls/outlets (Kinda like the Tanger Outlets sprinkled around GA/SC)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I can't think of any big towns along 66 that were left ghosted by the interstates so any small, rural town or community would suffice for that...just got to find some aerial pics and you can use google earth for that. That would also help you solve the second part as well since if you know where these things are then google earth them up and mimic the layout.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Try Longhorn Ranch, New Mexico. There were several like that between Santa Rosa, NM and Moriarty, NM along I-40. Wagon Wheel NM. Also check out Tiaban NM. It blew up in the 40's due to an ammo train incident.